Saturday, March 7, 2009

What do I really see?

Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see...  Do I truly believe this?  Is my faith a moment to moment reality in my life?  Or is it conditional?  So often I say I believe... but does every part of my being really believe this?  Would my faith surpass all understanding that I press into God more and more?  I think I constantly find myself asking why? How? What? which are examples of my doubt...  How can we get to a place where our faith becomes a reality?  where our eyes do not search for material things but we see treasures in heaven through the eyes of Christ. 
I know that too often I jump to conclusions or become impatient when all God is asking me to do is wait.  Wait upon the Lord, for he knows whats best...  Wait but I know whats best for me right??  That is what the little voice in my head tries to tell me...  But I need to search for truth.  Surrender my desires to the will of God and take steps day by day to follow him.  Reading my Bible Study today I was so stoked about what God can do in us and through us.  I want so much to be used by Him, but I have so much to learn... 

Waiting: Waiting redefines our desires and aligns our purpose with his (Hebrews 11:1) (2 Cor. 4:18)
Faith: spiritual sight. Reality in the power of God, plans, purpose, his voice, and his promises (Hebrews 11:3)
Prayer: prayer impacts the invisble and expresses our faith which is in harmony with truth (James 1:2-4)
Perseverance: ability to go the distance. The refiners fire our proves our faith (1 Peter 1:7)

"Pray as though everything depended on God.  Work as though everything depended on you." 
-Saint Augustine


No comments:

Post a Comment