Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Shine...

Devo for the day:
"Seek my face, and you will find all that you have longed for. The deepest yearnings of my heart are for intimacy with Me. I know, because I have designed you to desire Me. Do not feel guilty about taking time to be still in My Presence. You are simply responding to the tugs of divinity within you. I made you in My image, and I hid heaven in your heart. Your yearning for Me is a form of homesickeness, longing for your true home in heaven.

Do not be afraid to be different from other people. The path I have called you to travel is exquisitely right for you. The more closely you follow My leading, the more fully I can develop your gifts. To follow me wholeheartedly, you must relinquish your desire to please other people. However, your closeness to Me will bless others by enabling you to shine brightly in this world."

.

Nelson Mandela:
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

We need to seek God. The world is trying to get in the way of God working in and through us. If we seek God with our whole heart we will find him. Yes God will meet us where we are at, but unless we turn to follow him he will not drag us along. We have to respond. We have to act. God chose us. He chose you. Yes, you. Bring glory to God. He is the all in all. He made each of us unique to shine for him. But a light does not shine if not connected to its source. As we become who we are and live that way, it allows others to be the real them. We can experience and be that freedom. Truth sets you free. If you live in truth you will experience the feeling of freedom unlike any other

No comments:

Post a Comment